Hi, I’m Katie!
I’m a wife, teacher, and mom to two sweet little ones. I teach special education preschool where there is never a dull moment or a full box of tissues.
I hold a master’s degree in Early Childhood Education, but the real training didn’t begin until I held my first child in my arms. And ever since, I’ve learned more about child development through life as a parent than in all my years teaching combined.
I write about positive parenting, education, the daily messes, and all the reasons why I call motherhood the best job I’ve ever known.
Some fun facts about us:
- My husband and I are high school sweethearts and we married in the summer of 2014.
- We love the mountains, hiking, fishing… anything that gets us outdoors.
- My husband is a paramedic in a busy 911 area.
- When our children are old enough, we will likely be a homeschooling family (I will probably write about the reasons why at some point or another).
- A glass of wine and writing are my coping mechanisms.
- We love God and each other, above all else.
Thanks for stopping by!